Friday, November 13, 2009

Appearing at the Literary Luncheon Series

When I got married 35 years ago, I never imagined that my husband, David Stewart, and I would appear together to discuss our lives as an author, an elected official and a couple. But that’s just what we're going to do at the Friends of the Library's Literary Luncheon Series on November 19 at the Mansion at Strathmore.

David, a constitutional lawyer turned author, has published two books and is working on a third. The Summer of 1787 traces the struggle at the Philadelphia Convention to create the world's first constitutional democracy, while Impeached explores the fiery story of the first presidential impeachment in 1868. What's he working on now? Come to the lecture to find out.

David says of our life together, “It probably helps that we fell in love long before she became a politician and I started writing books.” Maybe he's right, but I like to think our demanding careers give us some really interesting things to talk about at the dinner table. To register for the lecture, luncheon and book signing, visit the Friends of the Library, Montgomery County.

No comments: