Here's the full text of the press release:
Montgomery County Council Approves
- Require certain employers in the County to pay a minimum wage to employees for work performed in the County.
- Provide enforcement by the County’s Office of Human Rights and the Human Rights Commission.
- Apply the County minimum wage to tipped employees by requiring an employer to pay a base equal to 50 percent of the State minimum wage with an obligation to make up any shortfall in tips up to the County minimum wage.
- Delete the health care credit.
- Add an exemption for a person under the age of 19 who works 20 hours or less in a week.
- Add a provision requiring the County Executive to delegate enforcement to a State agency that enforces the State Wage and Hour Law and is authorized to enforce a County minimum wage law.
- Add an anti-retaliation clause.
- Amend the applicability to clarify that a worker must perform the work in the County.
- Apply the County minimum wage to County employees.