Montgomery County Public Libraries (MCPL) is a resource for telecommuters who are impacted by Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority’s (WMATA) Surge 10. MCPL has multiple options for telecommuters who are looking for alternative work sites or resources during the surge. The WMATA Surge 10 will affect the Red Line October 29 through November 22. This surge is expected to cause delays on the entire Red Line -- the Metrorail system’s busiest line.
MCPL library card holders have access for the following telecommuting resources available in branches:
- Wireless internet access and public computers
- Collaboration rooms and quiet study rooms
- Large meeting rooms, rented from Community Use of Public Facilities, 240 777-0311
- Printers and photocopiers
- Free, secure charging stations for your phone or tablet
- Laptops for use at the Kensington Park, Long Branch, Silver Spring, and Twinbrook branches