The Montgomery County Council, due to the major weekend storm that hit the Washington area, has postponed a Town Hall Meeting scheduled for Clarksburg on Wednesday evening, Jan. 27, and a public hearing scheduled for Thursday evening, Jan. 28, on the Westbard Master Plan.
The Council postponed and rescheduled several meetings and events planned Monday and Tuesday, Jan. 25-26, as the County Government was closed.
At this time, a planned meeting of the Government Operations and Fiscal Policy Committee, scheduled for 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 28, tentatively will go on as scheduled. The agenda for that meeting includes spending affordability guidelines for the Fiscal Year 2017 operating budget and for the FY17 capital budget. There also is a planned preliminary review of the County’s cable television and communications plan and a worksession on Expedited Bill 49-15, which addresses aspects of the County’s ethics law.
The updated Council calendar for this week, including dates of rescheduling:
Originally scheduled for Wednesday, Jan. 27
- 7:30 p.m. Council Town Hall Meeting at Rocky Hill Middle School in Clarksburg was postponed. No reschedule date has been determined.
Meetings/events originally scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 28
- 9:30 a.m. Government Operations and Fiscal Policy Committee is currently scheduled to be held as planned.
- 9:30 a.m. meeting of the Transportation, Infrastructure, Energy and Environment Committee was cancelled.
- 2 p.m. joint meeting of the Planning, Housing and Economic Development Committee and the Public Safety Committee was postponed. A reschedule date has not yet been determined.7:30 p.m. second section of public hearing on Westbard Master Plan was postponed. It has been rescheduled for 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 4.
Meetings/events that were originally scheduled for Monday, Jan. 25
- 9:30 a.m. Public Safety Committee meeting was postponed. Rescheduled for Monday, Feb. 1.
- 9:30 a.m. Health and Human Services Committee meeting was postponed. Rescheduled for Monday, March 7.
- 2 p.m. Planning, Housing and Economic Development (PHED) Committee was cancelled. Items moved to Monday, Feb. 1, PHED meeting.
- 2 p.m. Education Committee was cancelled. Items moved to various future committee.
Meetings/events that were originally scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 26:
- 7:30 p.m. first section of public hearing on Westbard Master Plan was postponed. It has been rescheduled for 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 2.
- Council’s weekly general session was cancelled.
Further updates on the County Council schedule can be found at the Council web site at www.montgomerycountymd.gov/council. Traffic and weather updates specific to the County can be found on County Cable Montgomery (CCM: Channel 6 on Comcast and RCN, Channel 30 on Verizon) throughout the storm period.
County Executive Ike Leggett today pledged that all neighborhood streets in Montgomery County should receive a least one pass from a snowplow by 7 a.m., Wednesday, Jan. 27.
“Given the progress we have made, I believe that every neighborhood road should be passable by 7 a.m. tomorrow, Wednesday, Jan. 27,” County Executive Leggett said today. “That means that they should have received at least one pass from a plow and residents should be able to get out of their neighborhood.”
County Executive Leggett emphasized that this would not necessarily mean streets cleared to bare pavement and reminded residents that County crews would continue to work around-the-clock to improve street conditions and handle any missed streets.
After 7 a.m. Wednesday, residents who have missed streets should report them on the County’s Snow Operations Map or go to www.mc311.com. Residents can contact the County’s centralized phone answering system MC311 by dialing 3-1-1 or 240-777-0311.