Friday, August 13, 2010

Public Service Commission Investigating Pepco

The Maryland Public Service Commission has launched an investigation into Pepco's reliability problems. The Commission has ordered that Pepco management appear for a public hearing at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, August 17. The hearing will be broadcast on the PSC Web site.

I, along with all the members of the County Council, have been hearing from frustrated residents and business owners, particularly as power outages have stretched into days. I have been frustrated, too, as my house is dark right now and was out of power for four days after the big storm. While I recognize that Montgomery County presents an especially challenging problem for utilities because we have some of the densest tree cover in the nation (and we love our trees!), I can't help but wonder if there is a better way. That's why we sent a letter, signed by every member of the Council, to the Public Service Commission asking for the state agency's assistance. I’m glad to see the PSC’s quick response.

No comments: