Friday, January 16, 2009

County Transportation Plans for Inauguration

I plan to watch this historic Inauguration on television with friends and family. Because I’m still recovering from a knee injury, I won’t be able to attend the event in person, but I’ll definitely be there in spirit. I also plan to attend the Maryland Inaugural Ball at the Mayflower Hotel on Sunday even though I’ll have to skip the dancing.

Whether you plan to attend the festivities or simply commute to work, you’ll want to stay on top of the special transportation plans and programs. Visit the County Web site for up-to-date information on roads and transit over the weekend and through Tuesday. Now might be a good time to try out some of the commuting options you may have been considering like biking, carpooling or telecommuting. Tips on these options are also listed on the County’s site.

No comments: